How do I obtain an oversized vehicle permit?

Companies requesting wide load/oversize vehicle permits must  complete the Oversized Vehicle Permits (PDF) and deliver it to Central Marin Police Authority at 250 Doherty Drive, Larkspur at least 24-hours in advance.

Transports will not take place between the hours of 6 am to 10 am or between 3 pm to 7 pm.  


All permit and escort fees must be paid in advance to CMPA prior to movement through San Anselmo.

Oversized Vehicle Permit Fees

A charge of $16 for each trip, up to a maximum of $90 per year per company.

Oversized Vehicle Escort Fees

The escort fee of $216.12 per trip will apply any time a police escort is required. This fee will be charged in the following situations:

  • Any vehicle, trailer, or load that exceeds 96 inches in width or 14 feet in height measured from the surface of the roadway to the highest point of the vehicle or load.
  • Any combination of vehicles, trailers, or loads with a total length in excess of 75 feet.
  • Any turning movement on roadways with multiple lanes in each direction during the transport or delivery of an oversized vehicle or load which would require stopping oncoming traffic or traffic approaching from the rear.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of a police report?
2. I live in San Anselmo and have out of town visitors that need to park on the street overnight. Do I need to obtain a permit?
3. When does the police department do public fingerprinting?
4. How can I check on the status of my criminal investigation?
5. How do I find out if someone has been arrested?
6. How do I get my car out impound?
7. How do I obtain an oversized vehicle permit?
8. How do I get a police employee to speak to my group?