CENTRAL MARIN POLICE COUNCIL
TO BE HELD AT
Central Marin Police Authority Community Room
250 Doherty Drive
Larkspur, CA 94939
Thursday, May 11, 2023
AT 6:00 P.M.
NOTICE TO PUBLIC
The Central Marin Police Council will meet in person. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person, or view and participate in the meeting remotely through the following link:
(No Pre-Registration Needed- Click on Link at Meeting Start Time)
You may call in using: 1 (408) 638-0968 (Zoom webinar ID: 990 3431 0040)
Or iPhone one-tap: +14086380968, 99034310040#
You may submit public comment remotely by:
- Emailing PublicComment@tcmmail.org prior to 4:00 P.M. on the day of the meeting or during the meeting (Comments received prior to that time on the day of the meeting will be distributed to the Police Council and made available in the online agenda packet).
- Attending the meeting in-person at the Central Marin Police Authority Community Room, 250 Doherty Drive, Larkspur, CA 94939.
- Selecting the “Raise Hand” icon during the meeting or dialing *9 if calling in to the meeting.
Please be advised that those participating in the meeting remotely via Zoom do so at their own risk. The Police Council meeting will not be cancelled if any technical problems occur during the meeting.
Anyone with a disability needing further assistance with public comment should contact the Clerk at least 2 hours before the beginning of the meeting to make alternative arrangements at email@example.com or 415-927-5050.
- ROLL CALL
- OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
Please Note: Please confine your comments during this portion of the agenda to matters not already on this agenda. The public will be given an opportunity to speak on each agenda item at the time it is called.
III. REPORTS AND COMMENTS
- Council Members
- Management Committee
- Chief’s Comments
- Marin County Office of Education Golden Bell Award
- Jeannette Prandi Children’s Center Children’s Champion Award
IV. CONSENT CALENDAR
- Approval of Minutes: February 9, 2023
- Approval of Minutes: March 20, 2023
- Acknowledge Central Marin Police Authority’s Warrant List – January 1, 2023 through March 31, 2023
- Acknowledge staff report regarding Insurance Fund activity - January 1, 2023 through March 31, 2023
- Resolution 2023/06 – Establishing positions and compensation for part-time hourly employees of the Central Marin Police Authority
V. BUSINESS ITEMS
- Resolution No. 2023/07 -Adopting the fiscal year 2023-2024 Central Marin Police Authority Budget
Recommendation: that Council receives presentation, discusses, and approves Resolution 2023/07 adopting the CMPA budget for fiscal year 2023-2024.
B. Resolution No. 2023/08 – Authorizing the Management Committee to execute the fifth amendment to the employment agreement with Police Chief Michael Norton
Recommendation: that Council receives presentation, discusses, and approves Resolution 2023/08 authorizing the Management Committee to execute the fifth amendment to the employment agreement with Police Chief Michael Norton.
- Resolution No. 2023/09 –Central Marin Police Authority Full-Time Salary Listings for fiscal year 2023-2024
Recommendation: that Council receives presentation and approves Resolution No. 2023/09 adopting the full-time salary listings for the CMPA for fiscal year 2023-2024.
- Resolution No. 2023/10- Central Marin Police Authority’s Building Operation and Maintenance Budget
Recommendation: that Council receives presentation and approves Resolution No. 2023/10 adopting the building budget for the CMPA for fiscal year 2023-2024.
*To be voted on by Corte Madera and Larkspur Councilmembers ONLY*
The 2023 Central Marin Police Council regular meetings are scheduled to be held on February 9, May 11, August 10, and November 9, 2023, at 6:00 P.M. in the Community Room, 250 Doherty Drive, in Larkspur.
The Central Marin Police Council holds Special Meetings throughout the year as needed.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Central Marin Police Authority Clerk at (415) 927-5150. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the Authority to make reasonable accommodations to help ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Central Marin Police Council regarding any item on this Agenda are available during normal business hours, for public inspection at the Central Marin Police Authority, 250 Doherty Drive, Larkspur, CA. Any reports that are provided after the posting of this Agenda and prior to the meeting will be made available at this same location simultaneously as it is provided to the Police Council.
I certify that this agenda was posted on or before May 8, 2022, in full public view and access at least 72 hours prior to the Police Council meeting time in accordance with the Brown Act.
Lorena Barrera, Authority Clerk
Central Marin Police Authority