How Do I...?

How do I get a copy of a police report?

Fill out the report request form.  Form link is listed below.  Please turn in your completed form to the Records Division.  Upon receiving a written report request, reports are usually ready for pick up in about 7-10 business days. Reports cost: $10.00, Log Entry cost: $5.00.  Payments are cash or check only.  NO CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED.  Certain offense reports may not be released if the case is active or under investigation. No juvenile or medical information will be released.

Report Request Form

I live in San Anselmo and have out of town visitors that need to park on the street overnight. Do I need to obtain a permit?

Yes, every vehicle parked on a town street overnight must have a permit. To obtain a permit, please print and fill out the form below. Bring a completed form to our San Anselmo station, 525 San Anselmo Avenue, and request a Visitors Overnight Parking Permit. There is a $1/night fee for the permit, payable by cash or check. Once the permit is received, please place the permit on the vehicle's dashboard so it is easily visible. 

San Anselmo Visitor Overnight Parking Permit Form
When does the police department do public fingerprinting?

We do not do public fingerprinting. You may contact the Marin County Sheriff's Office at 415-479-2311. For more information please visit the Marin County Sheriff's Office Website.

How can I check on the status of my criminal investigation?

Contact the specific investigative unit at 415-927-5150 or the Marin County District Attorney's Office at 415-499-6450.

How do I find out if someone has been arrested?

Please call CMPA Dispatch at 415-927-5150.

How do I get my car out impound?

First, you will need to provide us with the vehicle license plate number or the vehicle identification number. If you are the owner, you must have a valid California Driver license. If the vehicle is currently registered, you need to call the Traffic Unit at 415-927-5150 for a Tow Hearing. You will be responsible for towing and storage fees to the tow company. You may also be responsible for administrative fees to CMPA. There are vehicle codes and municipal codes that allow CMPA to charge up to $314.00. If your vehicle was impounded for Driving Without a License and has been previously towed for the same violation, it may be held up to 30 days. You will have to contact the Traffic Unit at 415-927-5150. You will have to contact the Records Section to obtain a release at 415-927-5150.

How do I obtain an oversized vehicle permit?

Companies requesting wide load/oversize vehicle permits must contact CMPA at least 24-hours in advance that are acceptable for traffic safety.  Transports will not take place between the hours of 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. or between 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.  All permit and escort fees must be paid in advance to CMPA prior to movement through San Anselmo.

Oversized Vehicle Permit Fees:
A charge of $16 each for recurring trips up to a maximum of $90 per year per company.   

 Oversized Vehicle Escort Fees:
The escort fee of $216.12 per trip will apply any time a police escort is required.  This fee will be charged in the following situations:

Any vehicle, trailer, or load that exceeds 96 inches in width or 14 feet in height measured from the surface of the roadway to the highest point of the vehicle or load.

Any combination of vehicles, trailers, or loads with a total length in excess of 75 feet.

Any turning movement on roadways with multiple lanes in each direction during the transport or delivery of an oversized vehicle or load which would require stopping oncoming traffic or traffic approaching from the rear.

How do I get a police employee to speak to my group?

You can call the Watch Commander at 415-927-5150.